The Writer’s Tribe
January 7, February 11, March 10, 2024
Corte Madera Store - $295
Welcome to the Writer's Tribe!
Join this monthly group to bring your writing to the next level. Angie shares tips and tools to elevate your fiction craft and guides the group through a powerful revision process. The goal is self-editing mastery.
- give and receive honest feedback
- develop compelling characters your readers will adore
- craft page-turning plots with satisfying twists and cliffhangers
- render vivid settings you can see, smell, taste, and touch in your imagination
- write snappy dialog that zings off the page
* Tuition includes: Angie's RE-Vision Guide: How to polish your manuscript in 18 easy steps (updated 3rd edition)
* Committed writers are encouraged to register. Before the first meeting, you will submit the first 10 pages of your manuscript and a list of pressing questions.
Angie Alban is an editor and story coach and the author of nine books, including her critically acclaimed YA novel, ANYA'S WAR. She is a popular speaker at literary conferences, book festivals, and schools. Angie founded the Writer’s Tribe at Book Passage in 2010.
What students say about the Writer’s Tribe:
The Writer's Tribe is a creative space to bring your work in progress. Angie's skilled facilitation, keen literary eye, and delightful sense of humor make these gatherings the highlight of my month. Angie is a writer's dream come true. Not only do you learn from her invaluable critiques of your own work, but the in-class critiques of your fellow writers' work are richly informative and insightful.
—Nina Vincent, author of Sliding Into Home
Without Angie and the Tribe, my writing would not have been good enough to publish. I have learned so much from Angie, and gained a wonderful friend and advocate in the process. I also have a new community of friends and supporters—a true gift.
—Kara Navolio, author of Maggie Discovers the Rainbow and Everybody Can Dance