Saturday, August 29th, 2020
Online • Live • 4:00pm PT/7:00pm ET
In conversation with Barbara Wright
I’m so glad you joined Book Passage during my conversation with Barbara Wright. We met in graduate school at UNH 4 decades ago and have been the initial readers of each other’s work.
Thank you to Elaine Petrocelli who has created a brilliant system of keeping readers and writers connected during this age of fear and death and uncertainty.
Yesterday’s virtual connection to you felt oddly reassuring. Inspiring.
Right now I’m reading:
- The Boy in the Field by Margot Livesey (text and audio)
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison (for the 7th time)
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
- Eva Luna by Isabel Allende
Stay safe. Stay well. Keep reading. And vote.
Below, please find links to purchase all of the books recommended by Ursula, as well as hers and Barbara's own books.