Conversations with Authors
Sunday., June 21st, 2020 • 4:00pm PT• Live • Online
Conversations with Authors is our free online event series produced with Extended Session. Sign up once with your email address and gain access to all future conversations as well as all video archives.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the Book Passage community for tuning in to our Father's Day virtual event. We know there were many ways you could have spent your time, so joining us and supporting this wonderful bookstore meant the world to us. This global pandemic has caused a huge shift in all of our lives. If you have gone through a loss during this time, we hope you found some value in our open discussion of the topics we discussed. We need to keep talking with one another about our personal stories and about the events of the day.
Here are some books Jason has on his nightstand:
- Until the End of Time by Brian Greene
- Nobody Will Tell You This But Me by Bess Kalb
- Finding Chika by Mitch Albom
- Conscious: A Brief Guide to the Fundamental Mystery of the Mind by Annaka Harris
- And, of course, Amy Krouse Rosenthal's inimitable memoir, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life
As for Paris, some of her recent favorite books include:
- Am I There Yet? by Mari Andrew
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
- And anything written by John Green
She recommends a few books that cover topics such as death, dying, loss, and finding meaning: From Here to Eternity by Caitlin Doughty, When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalinithi, and Man’s Search For Meaning by Vicktor Frankl.
—Jason and Paris
Email or call for price