Sat., June 13th, 2020 • 4:00pm PT• Live • Online
In conversation with Anne Lamott
Conversations with Authors is our free online event series produced with Extended Session. Sign up once with your email address and gain access to all future conversations as well as all video archives.
Thank you for joining Anne Lamott and me in conversation on Saturday. If you missed the talk, follow the link below to view it in the Conversations with Authors archive.
We get through tough times together, tapping strength we didn’t know we had, and defying gravity by finding reasons to laugh. Our stories heal and give us hope that we too can get through what seems impossible.
Here are some titles that have helped me when the days are too long.
- Everything by Anne Lamott, it’s especially a good time to re-read Help, Thanks, Wow
- Cruel Beautiful World by Caroline Leavitt
- I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a World Filled with Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
- The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd
- The Shimmering Road by Hester Young
- Motherland by Elissa Altman
With love and gratitude,