Sat., May 9th, 2020 • 4:00pm PT• Live • Online
In conversation with Isabel Allende
Conversations with Authors is our free online event series produced with Extended Session. Sign up once with your email address and gain access to all future conversations as well as all video archives.
My thanks to all of you who joined our conversation yesterday, to Book Passage for hosting it, and to Isabel Allende for her generous introduction and questions.
I urge you to do what I’ve just done, which is to go to GoFundMe or to follow this link to make a donation to support Book Passage. Keeping independent bookstores thriving is important and tough enough in normal times; during this endless lockdown which is so benefiting the Googles and Amazons of the world, their survival is more important than ever.
Some books I’ve enjoyed in recent months:
- A Long Petal of the Sea by Isabel Allende (and if you don’t know her earlier work, try The House of the Spirits and Paula: A Memoir)
- The Radetzky March by Joseph Roth
- The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andric
- What You Have Heard Is True: A Memoir of Witness and Resistance by Carolyn Forché
- And finally I’ve been reading an intriguing book not yet published—but I’m sure Book Passage would let you place an advance order: The Lost Pianos of Siberia by Sophy Roberts (publishes August 4th)
Email or call for price