About Book Passage
With over 800 author events per year, two internationally acclaimed annual conferences, an exciting array of writing and language classes, and a comprehensive selection of books on a wide variety of topics, Book Passage is one of the world's leading bookstores and a Bay Area institution. We are committed to our community, working with a number of local schools, universities, and non-profit organizations, and striving to inspire creativity and learning for Bay Area residents of all ages. To that end, Book Passage offers employees unlimited opportunities to develop new interests and skills, personally and professionally.
Open Positions as of October 9, 2021
Children’s Bookseller at Book Passage
Book Passage is seeking a children's book specialist to join us in our Corte Madera store.
Book Passage is called the Bay Area’s liveliest bookstore. We are committed to serving the community and to connecting children and adults to a wide range of books and authors.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service on and off the sales floor.
- Work with management to create optimal use of space for a pleasing and comfortable retail environment.
- Merchandize and create book displays.
- Bring knowledge and enthusiasm for children’s literature.
- Keep up with current and new children’s titles.
- Work with parents and grandparents.
- Enjoy working with children and sharing your excitement about books.
- Work with colleagues including, booksellers, buyers, shippers, receivers, and management.
- Work with the Book Passage events team to develop and promote children’s programming.
- Offer a weekly story time for little children
- Maintain relationships with authors, schools, clubs, and libraries to cross promote children’s books
- Manage Book Passage philanthropic program that includes giving books to needy children.
Experience and Details
- Bookstore, library or teaching experience a plus
- Corte Madera location
- Full Time or Part Time
- Flexible schedule
- Health care available for 30+ hour per week staff membersHe
Masks in store required
To apply please write to email@example.com with the subject line Children’s Bookseller
The Barista is all about hospitality! You want and aspire to deliver an exceptional experience to every customer in our café. You act with integrity & respect, work to create a safe, clean, and healthy work environment, provide quality food and beverages consistently, and are kind to those you work with and serve.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Provide consistent quality beverages and food servings
- Maintain familiarity with all menu items and share that information with customers
- Maintain a clean environment both in the bar and in the customer areas
- Handle and maintain all coffee-brewing and other equipment in a proper manner
- Follow all company policies, including policies on cash-handling and cash-register procedures
- Attend all scheduled training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain current state-issued Food Handler Card
- Retail and/or customer service experience
- Respectful attitude towards all customers and co-workers
- Willingness to give a priority to customer needs
- Ability to work and perform several tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on some occasions
Apply by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Barista