DON’T LEAVE YOUR HEALTH TO CHANCE.
Guys, it’s time to step it up and start taking care of yourselves. Which doesn’t mean making impossible-to-stick-to changes. Written by one of the leading doctors whose practice is devoted solely to men, A Field Guide to Men’s Health shows, in the simplest and most effective way possible, how to manage the cornerstones of a healthy life while improving your chances for making it a long one, too. Including:
- Cardiovascular health—did you know that blood pressure is the most vital of vital signs?
- Diet and nutrition—follow a formula of 60 percent fruits and vegetables, 30 percent lean proteins, and 10 percent complex carbs for meals, and monitor your waist size to find your ideal weight.
- Movement, with the best exercise programs for each decade of your life.
- Sexual health‚ with an owner’s guide to the penis.
- Lifestyle, with tips on everything from managing stress—reducing it, embracing it—to the importance of vitamin D.
Above all, make these tenets the three pillars of a healthy life: Eat less, move more, sleep more.