This is London advice the way a friend would give it to you: fiercely opinionated, funny, and brimming not only with suggestions about what to see and do, but also what’s not worth your time. Whether you want to see Big Ben or the Harry Potter studios, Trafalgar Square or the V&A, London is a city with an overwhelming number of attractions, lodgings, restaurants, museums, and shops.
Author Jason Cochran is the guide you want to have a pint with, bringing culture and history to life with wit and plain talk―it feels like he’s right there with you. Whether your budget is large or tight, you’ll see London like a local―something many guides claim but none do as well as this one.
Cochran was awarded “Best Guidebook of the Year” by the Society of American Travel Writers for a previous edition of this guide. Fully updated post-lockdown.
Frommer’s EasyGuide to London contains:
- 16 pages of color photos, plus dozens more photos throughout the book
- Tube stops for every listing to help you navigate ancient streets quickly, plus a comprehensive section on strategies for the Underground
- Brilliant walking tours spanning the city, with maps
- What’s free, what’s good for kids, what’s authentic, what’s new
- Area maps marked with attractions, restaurants, and hotels, plus a London Tube map
- Interior maps of Westminster Abbey, St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London, and the British Museum
- Smart itineraries, including for families and short stays
- Newly expanded attractions recommendations
- Section devoted to the city’s greatest pubs
- Insightful tips for navigating London’s customs and culture
- Smart reviews of attractions, nightlife, hotels, restaurants and shops in all price ranges using the Frommer’s star rating system
- Surprising section on overrated attractions that aren’t worth your time
- Section on great day trips, including Oxford, Bath, Stonehenge, Windsor, and the setting for Downton Abbey
- PLUS! A handy pull-out, indexed map of London for touring on the go
About Frommer's: There’s a reason Frommer’s has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles, become a household name, and helped millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer’s.