Pauline Frommer's highly-personal guide to her own home city has, in previous editions, twice been named "Best Guidebook of the Year" by the North American Travel Journalists Association. It has been the best-selling guide to the city for the last three years. Though she deals with luxury choices as well as bargains, she makes a special effort to overcome New York's reputation for stratospheric prices, ferreting out scores of moderately-priced options in lodgings, meals, attractions, entertainment and more. Like all Easy Guides, this annually-researched and popular best-seller is "Quick to Read, Light to Carry"—and colorfully written.
Fully updated yearly, and printed in large, easy-to-read type, the book contains:
- Handy pull-out map and bulleted maps throughout
- Self-guided walking tours
- Exact prices and subway directions for every listing in the book, so there are never any nasty surprises
- Opinionated advice on what to see and what to skip
- Insightful discussions of New York’s history and culture