Overcoming Insomnia 2nd Edition (Kobo eBook)
'A practical description of the leading treatment for insomnia and the causes of insomnia' Allison G. Harvey, PhD, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Poor sleep is one of the most common health problems and can leave you feeling exhausted, stressed and run down. While prescribed medications and over-the-counter remedies rarely offer lasting benefits, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can help.
This essential self-help book is written by one of the world's leading insomnia experts and uses CBT strategies to help you to overcome sleep problems - including persistent insomnia - and to enjoy your life once again. It includes advice on:
- Developing good pre-bedtime regimes
- The most effective relaxation techniques
- Establishing a new sleeping and waking pattern
- Dealing with a racing mind
- Using sleeping pills more effectively
- Handling jet lag and sleepwalking
Overcoming self-help guides use clinically-proven techniques to treat long-standing and disabling conditions, both psychological and physical.
Series Editor: Emeritus Professor Peter Cooper