Stopping the spiral of toxic thoughts by learning how to become imitators of Christ.
Are your thoughts holding you captive? Jennie Allen--the visionary behind the million-strong IF:Gathering--knows what it's like to swirl in a spiral of destructive thoughts, and she knows that from those thoughts, beliefs begin to form: "I'll never be good enough." "Other people have better lives than I do." "God couldn't really love me."
We spiral down and down. Changing the way we think seems nearly impossible. And yet the apostle Paul tells us in his letter to the Philippians that conforming our minds to Christ is possible, and it's the ultimate goal for every follower of Christ.
In Get Out of Your Head, a six-session video Bible study (DVD/streaming video sold separately), Jennie gives us tools from the book of Philippians to transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances, by taking control of our minds. We can find freedom from the downward spiral by:
- Taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ
- Shifting the focus of our minds from our circumstances to God
- Fighting toxic thoughts with weapons of humility, silence, and delight
- Escaping our comfort zones with weapons of connection, intentionality and gratitude
- Learning to forget what's behind so we can move ahead
- Defeating anxiety with a mind like Christ's
Our enemy is determined to get in our heads to make us feel helpless, overwhelmed, and incapable of making a difference for the kingdom of God. But when we submit our minds to Christ, the promises and goodness of God flood our lives in remarkable ways.
The Get Out of Your Head Study Guide uses projects, stories, and Bible study in the book of Philippians to engage the mind and heart.
- Introduction: Spiraling Out
- Make the Shift
- Weapons We Use, Part I
- Weapons We Use, Part II
- A New Way to Live
- A Mind Like Christ
Designed for use with the Get Out of Your Head Video Studyavailable on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.