THE PRICE OF JUSTICE IN AMERICA features a series of blogs I have written about problems in the criminal justice system and how they might be fixed. I have been writing these blogs for my website (www.americanjusticethebook.com) as a follow-up to my book American Justice?
The chapters are divided into the following sections:
- the rising racial tensions, especially between the police and the black community
- problems in the prison and correctional system
- differences in the homicide rate in different communities and groups
- the relationship between homicide rate and drugs
- the role of the media in sensationalizing crime and contributing to problems in the criminal justice system