YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND A JOB IN THE U.S. - WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Betsy H. Cohen presents collective wisdom from a dozen experts in international job search and career development. Foreign-born job seekers - whether they be international students, relocated persons, immigrants, or refugees - will find an American job faster and more confidently after reading this book. Readers will learn the different stages of the job search process, and how to prepare for each one. The book's case studies and expert contributions provide many examples and recommendations to manage stress and make their search process smoother.
The book teaches readers how to:
- Build and develop your American network
- Find potential job openings, both posted and non-posted
- Distinguish between the types of interviews and what to expect in each
- Present yourself to potential employers before, during, and after the interview
- Discuss salaries and set expectations for what transferable skills are worth
- Understand when to use immigration lawyers in the job search process
- Get recognition for accomplishments, leading to promotions and pay increases.