NEW For 2023 Updated Test Content Outline and Recommended Reading List
The CFRE Exam Compass is the only official study guide for the CFRE exam. It is designed to help you thoroughly cover all the necessary bases when studying. It will:
- answer your questions about sitting for the exam.
- give you tools to structure your personalized study plan.
- provide you with practice questions to assess your knowledge.
Whether you're studying alone or with a group, the CFRE Exam Compass Study Guide will help ensure your study time is productive and focused on the right areas.
It includes a breakdown of the six Knowledge Domains:
- Current & Prospective Donor Research
- Securing the Gift
- Relationship Building
- Volunteer Involvement
- Leadership & Management
- Ethics, Accountability, and Professionalism.
Also included are sections on dissecting multiple choice questions, the day of the exam and what to expect, as well as a sample study plan. The CFRE Exam Compass Study Guide is an ideal tool if you're looking for a practical way to structure your study time.
We hope you find it to be a helpful support as you prepare for the exam and we welcome your feedback. No matter where you are in your studying, don't forget to check out the full list of study aids on our website (CFRE.org)
Are you ready to be a CFRE?
You're probably closer than you think The CFRE International certification process has two parts:
- A written application.
- A written examination.
Candidates must meet the requirements of the written application before they are permitted to test.
What are the advantages of having the CFRE credential?
- Third-party validation of your knowledge, skills, and practice.
- Enhanced career opportunities. Many fundraising professionals tell us that after they earn their CFRE, they are called more often for interviews and have an edge in the job application process.
- Stronger earning potential.
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in fundraising. The fundraising profession has a reputation for high turnover. By becoming a CFRE, you show you are invested in your profession and continually building your skill set. Many fundraising professionals tell us that after they earn their CFRE, they are called more often for interviews and have an edge in the job application process.