Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Experience the breathtaking and unspoiled islands that await just a short hop from mainland Portugal with Moon Azores. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for exploring individual islands or combining them into a longer trip, with coverage of Porto and Lisbon
- The top outdoor adventures: Cave-dive into the depths of an extinct volcano, soak in a steaming hot spring, and catch some sun on Santa Maria's golden sand beaches. Dive or snorkel in crystalline waters filled with shipwrecks, submerged volcanoes, seamounts, and colorful marine life. Spot dolphins, humpback whales, and more on an island cruise and go bird-watching on a lush São Jorge fajã. Hike to stunning viewpoints above Sete Cidades Lake or summit the epic, snow-capped Mount Pico
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Wander past cobbled squares and whitewashed buildings to marvel at the striking Old Gates of Ponta Delgada. Stroll through sprawling gardens of exotic plant and secret grottoes in Terra Nostra Park or sip authentic Gorreana tea at Europe's only tea plantation. People watch over a cup of Azorean coffee in the UNESCO historical center of Angra do Heroísmo or admire the famous mariner murals in Horta Marina. Savor fresh seafood and local charcuterie in a seaside village, browse traditional cheeses at a morning market, and sample basalt wines on Pico
- Expert advice from long-time Portugal resident Carrie-Marie Bratley
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on landscape, history, and cultural customs of the islands
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling to the Azores
- Handy tools such as visa information, a Portuguese phrasebook, and tips for LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, families, and more
About the Author
Carrie-Marie Bratley moved to sunny Portugal from not-so-sunny South Yorkshire as a child, and credits Portugal's incredible weather, beaches, food, and drink for keeping her moored there. She has worked as a journalist and writer since 2004, and is a newscaster for an Algarve radio station, interpreting, researching and reporting on affairs in Portugal.
Carrie-Marie has traveled Portugal and its islands extensively (her absolute favorite place in Portugal is the heavenly island of São Miguel in the Azores), and has expanded her travels to South Africa, the Caribbean, Morocco, and of course, the UK, which she visits frequently to fill up on the traditional British delicacy of fish and chips. She loves photography, local festivals, and an early night with a good book.