On Our Shelves Now
Hike the wild moors of Dartmoor, explore the scenic bays of Cornwall, and dive into history at Hadrian's Wall: with Rick Steves on your side, England can be yours!
Inside Rick Steves England you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring England
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the ancient and mysterious Stonehenge to cozy corner pubs
- How to connect with local culture: Catch the premier of a new musical, chat with fans about the latest football match, or take high tea in a classic hotel
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax over a pint
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and incredible museums
- Detailed neighborhood maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a phrase book of British slang, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 900 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on London, Windsor and Cambridge, Canterbury, Dover, Brighton, Portsmouth, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Penzance, St. Ives, Penwith Peninsula, Bath, Glastonbury, Wells, Avebury, Stonehenge, Salisbury, Oxford, the Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Coventry, Ironbridge Gorge, Liverpool, Blackpool, the Lake District, Yorkshire, Durham, and more
Spending just a few days in the city? Try Rick Steves Pocket London.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick: