Portable, up-to-date, and to-the-point, Frommer's Honolulu and Oahu day by day is all about maximizing the time you have to spend in Hawaii's liveliest slice of paradise. This itinerary-based book, written by long-time resident Jeanne Cooper, hits all of Oahu's highlights--and its hidden gems--from soaking up rays on world-famous Waikiki Beach to hiking through rainforests, visiting Pearl Harbor and catching the sunrise over Diamond Head.
The guide contains:
- Full-color photos and useful maps, including a tear-resistant foldout map
- Daily itineraries for seeing the sights in a limited amount of time
- Outdoor adventures for travelers of all ages to explore Oahu's beaches, mountains, and jungles
- Rewarding experiences for families, couples, food lovers, and those interested in Hawaii's culture and rich history, from indigenous customs to World War II
- Reliable reviews of the best shops, restaurants, nightlife, and hotels, in all price ranges (from budget to luxury)
- Helpful planning tips for getting there, getting around, and getting the most from your trip
- Fully updated post lockdowns.
About Frommer's: There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than sixty years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles became a household name helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Jeanne Cooper grew up listening to songs and stories of Hawaii from her mother, who lived in Oahu as a teen. She began writing about Hawaii and its diverse cultures in 2002 for the San Francisco Chronicle and SFGate.com, where her work still regularly appears. Her travel stories have also been published in numerous U.S. newspapers, magazines, and websites, including Localgetaways.com. She lives on Hawaii Island with her triathlete husband, a dog, and two cats.