Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Silver Rush Mysteries series.
- #1: Silver Lies: A Silver Rush Mystery (Silver Rush Mysteries #1) (Large Print / Paperback): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #2: Iron Ties Lib/E (Silver Rush Mysteries (Audio) #2) (Compact Disc): $79.95
- #4: Mercury's Rise (Silver Rush Mysteries #4) (Large Print / Paperback): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #5: What Gold Buys (Silver Rush Mysteries #5) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #6: A Dying Note (Silver Rush Mysteries #6) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #7: Mortal Music (Silver Rush Mysteries #7) (Paperback): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #8: The Secret in the Wall: A Novel (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Paperback): $15.99
Parker is proficient in showing the crossroads between civilization and the frontier, including emerging new roles for women. A cliffhanger ending sets a promising stage for the next installment.--Publishers Weekly
It's the summer of 1880, and potential investment in Leadville's silver mines has brought former president and Civil War general Ulysses S. Grant to this city at the top of the Rockies. But others in his retinue and in town have different agendas. Political aspirations fuel the dreams of young John Quincy Adams Wesley and his mother, while itinerant fire insurance mapmaker Cecil Farnesworth struggles against the seductive call of Leadville's red-light district.
As part owner of the Silver Queen Saloon, Inez Stannert has often observed the ruination that comes from yielding to temptation. Still, that hasn't stopped her from taking Reverend Justice Sands as her lover. Nor does it stop her from striking a backroom deal with upscale brothel madam Frisco Flo that Inez gambles will make her financially independent.
But when the body of one of Flo's women is discovered and Inez learns that Flo has another silent business partner whose identity she will not divulge, Inez begins to have second thoughts. In a race to untangle the dealings of the high and the low during Grant's visit, Inez finds herself facing demons from her past, even as she fights to save her reputation and her life.
Silver Rush Mysteries:
Silver Lies (Book 1)
Iron Ties (Book 2)
Leaden Skies (Book 3)
Mercury's Rise (Book 4)
What Gold Buys (Book 5)
A Dying Note (Book 6)
Mortal Music (Book 7)
Praise for the Silver Rush Mysteries:
Plenty of convincing action bodes well for a long and successful series.--Publishers Weekly STARRED review for Iron Ties
Meticulously researched and full of rich period details...her characters will stay will you long after you've finished the last page. Highly recommended.--TASHA ALEXANDER, New York Times bestselling author for Mortal Music
One of the most authentic and evocative historical series around. Long live Inez --RHYS BOWEN, New York Times bestselling author for What Gold Buys
Colorado Book Award Finalist