Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the The Chicken Squad series.
- #1: The Chicken Squad: The First Misadventure (Hardcover): $12.99
- #2: The Case of the Weird Blue Chicken: The Next Misadventure (The Chicken Squad #2) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #3: Into the Wild: Yet Another Misadventure (The Chicken Squad #3) (Hardcover): $12.99
- #4: Dark Shadows: Yes, Another Misadventure (The Chicken Squad #4) (Hardcover): $12.99
- #5: Gimme Shelter: Misadventures and Misinformation (The Chicken Squad #5) (Hardcover): $12.99
Now an animated series on Disney Junior!
The Chicken Squad is back for their sixth (mis)adventure, and this time there’s a headless bear on the loose and the Chicken Squad’s beloved Barbara has gone missing! A “lip-bitingly funny” (School Library Journal) chapter book from the bestselling author of Click, Clack, Moo and Cyclone.
It’s fall in the backyard, and though the weather is cooling down, the crime solving business is still hot. When the Chicken Squad’s neighbor Anna McClanahanahan comes looking for her missing hamster one morning, it’s an easy case to solve (Ziggy always takes a stroll from 6:30 to 7:15 a.m.). The Chicken Squad is now ready to settle in for a relaxing day of knitting—that is, until Ziggy points out that Barbara, the Chicken Squad’s caretaker—the one who FEEDS THEM!!—is missing! And not only that, but there have been sightings of a headless bear in the neighborhood! Will the Chicken Squad be able to save their beloved Barbara and get some breakfast? Or will this case be too much to bear?
About the Author
Doreen Cronin is the author of many bestselling and New York Times bestselling picture books, including Click, Clack, Quack to School!; Click, Clack, Surprise!; Click, Clack, Ho, Ho, Ho; Click, Clack, Peep; Click, Clack, Boo!; Dooby Dooby Moo; Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure; Bounce; Wiggle; Duck for President; Giggle, Giggle, Quack; Bloom; and the Caldecott Honor Book Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type as well as The Chicken Squad series and Cyclone. She lives in Brooklyn, New York. Visit her at DoreenCronin.com.
Stephen Gilpin graduated from the NYC School of Visual Arts where he studied painting and cartooning. He is the illustrator of the Who Shrunk Daniel Funk series and The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy series. Stephen currently lives in Hiawatha, Kansas. Visit him at SGilpin.com.