Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series series.
- #1: The Hidden History of Guns and the Second Amendment (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: The Hidden History of the Supreme Court and the Betrayal of America (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #2) (Paperback): $15.00
- #3: The Hidden History of the War on Voting: Who Stole Your Vote and How to Get It Back (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #3) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: The Hidden History of Monopolies: How Big Business Destroyed the American Dream (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: The Hidden History of American Oligarchy: Reclaiming Our Democracy from the Ruling Class (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Hidden History of Big Brother in America: How the Death of Privacy and the Rise of Surveillance Threaten Us and Our Democr acy (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: The Hidden History of Neoliberalism: How Reaganism Gutted America and How to Restore Its Greatness (The Thom Hartmann Hidden History Series #8) (Paperback): $17.00
Popular progressive radio host and New York Times bestselling author Thom Hartmann reveals how and why attempts to implement affordable universal healthcare in the United States have been thwarted and what we can do to finally make it a reality.
"For-profit health insurance is the largest con job ever perpetrated on the American people—one that has cost trillions of dollars and millions of lives since the 1940s,” says Thom Hartmann.
Other countries have shown us that affordable universal healthcare is not only possible but also effective and efficient. Taiwan’s single-payer system saved the country a fortune as well as saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, enabling the country to implement a nationwide coronavirus test-and-contact-trace program without shutting down the economy. This resulted in just ten deaths, while more than 500,000 people have died in the United States.
Hartmann offers a deep dive into the shameful history of American healthcare, showing how greed, racism, and oligarchic corruption led to the current “sickness for profit” system. Modern attempts to create versions of government healthcare have been hobbled at every turn, including Obamacare.
There is a simple solution: Medicare for all. Hartmann outlines the extraordinary benefits this system would provide the American people and economy and the steps we need to take to make it a reality. It’s time for America to join every industrialized country in the world and make health a right, not a privilege.
About the Author
Thom Hartmann is a four-time winner of the Project Censored Award, a New York Times bestselling author of thirty-two books, and America’s #1 progressive talk radio show host. His show is syndicated on local for-profit and nonprofit stations and broadcasts nationwide and worldwide. It is also simulcast on television into nearly 60 million US and Canadian homes.
“Hartmann's take on our health care debacle is informative, fascinating, and hopefully useful.”
“Thom Hartmann’s work is always well researched. Thom is a master communicator who gives his readers a clear connection from our nation’s history to who we are today.”
—Joe Madison, The Black Eagle on SiriusXM and lifelong civil rights activist and movement leader
“This book is a must-read to understand the history of America’s healthcare up to the present-day COVID pandemic. Hartmann vividly exposes the forces opposing universal health care, specifically insurance companies and the AMA, as well as overt racism and deep fears of socialism.”
—Justin A. Frank, MD, author, Trump on the Couch
“Thom Hartmann’s latest book is a must-read for everyone who wants the United States to join the rest of the world and provide healthcare as a human right through the enactment of Medicare for All.”
—Nancy J. Altman, President, Social Security Works