Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Silver Rush Mysteries series.
- #1: Silver Lies (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Large Print / Paperback): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #2: Iron Ties Lib/E (Silver Rush Mysteries (Audio) #2) (Compact Disc): $79.95
- #3: Leaden Skies (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Large Print / Paperback): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #4: Mercury's Rise (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Large Print / Paperback): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #5: What Gold Buys (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #6: A Dying Note (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #8: The Secret in the Wall: A Novel (Silver Rush Mysteries) (Paperback): $15.99
In this next adventure in the award-winning Silver Rush mystery series, pianist and amateur sleuth Inez Stannert must track down a murderer before he silences a famous vocalist—forever...
All Inez Stannert wants for Christmas is for the struggling music store she owns in San Francisco to be a success. When diva Theia Carrington Drake asks Inez to be her accompanist for several high-profile personal appearances, Inez is thrilled. This is the chance she was waiting for—a way to make some extra money and bring her store into the limelight of the city's polite society. She hesitates to dream of what she could do from there—the other female business owners she could help.
But life around the singer is far from pitch perfect. An unknown threat is stalking Theia; her pet bird is found slain, and her signature gown is destroyed. Soon, Inez realizes that a murderer is stalking the city's opera halls, and that it's only a matter of time before Theia is his next victim. She'll have to enlist the help of San Francisco detective Wolter Roeland de Bruijn to solve this mystery of music and uncover the killer before Theia's celebrated voice is silenced—permanently.
When a famous vocalist's life is threatened, sleuth and pianist Inez Stannert will stop at nothing to find an answer to this mystery of music. But will she catch the killer before the music stops?
The critically acclaimed and award-winning Silver Rush mystery series is:
- Perfect for fans of Rhys Bowen and Sandra Dallas
- For readers who enjoy historical fiction and Western themed mysteries
- For mystery fans who love a female sleuth
Other Titles in the Silver Rush Mysteries Series:
- Silver Lies
- Iron Ties
- Leaden Skies
- What Gold Buys
- A Dying Note
About the Author
Ann Parker is the author of the award-winning Silver Rush historical mystery series set in 1880s, featuring saloon owner Inez Stannert. A science writer by day, Ann lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and is a member of Mystery Writers of America and Women Writing the West.
"Meticulously researched and full of rich period details, Mortal Music is a gripping read. Nineteenth century San Francisco springs to life in Ann Parker’s capable hands, and her characters will stay will you long after you’ve finished the last page. Highly recommended." — Tasha Alexander, New York Times bestselling author of the Lady Emily series
"Richly nuanced period details and vivid characters enhance a plot that takes some surprising turns." — Publishers Weekly
"The detailed and devious plot makes this book difficult to set aside." — Historical Novel Society