for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Dismas Hardy series.
- #1: Dead Irish (Dismas Hardy #1) (Mass Market): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #2: The Vig (Dismas Hardy #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Hard Evidence (Dismas Hardy #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Mercy Rule (Abridged / Compact Disc):
- #6: Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Hearing (Dismas Hardy #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Oath (Dismas Hardy #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The First Law (Dismas Hardy #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Betrayal (Dismas Hardy #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: A Plague of Secrets (Dismas Hardy #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #14) (Paperback): $17.00
- #15: The Keeper: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #15) (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Poison: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #17) (Paperback): $17.00
- #18: The Rule of Law: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #18) (Paperback): $17.00
- #19: The Missing Piece (Dismas Hardy #19) (Large Print / Library Binding): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
From New York Times bestselling author John Lescroart, a riveting new novel of legal suspense featuring Dismas Hardy and his daughter, Rebecca, now grown up and an associate in Hardy’s law firm.
Late one night, a teenage African American foster child named Tanya Paulson plummets to her death from the overpass above San Francisco’s Stockton tunnel. But did she fall…or was she pushed?
Rushing to produce a convictable suspect in the glare of the media spotlight, homicide inspectors focus their attention on a naïve young man named Greg Treadway. Greg is a middle school teacher and he volunteers as a Special Advocate for foster children. At first, the only thing connecting him to Tanya’s death is the fact that they shared a meal earlier that night. But soon enough, elements of that story seem to fall apart…and Hardy’s daughter, Rebecca, finds herself drawn into the young man’s defense.
By the time Greg’s murder trial gets underway, Dismas and Rebecca have unearthed several other theories about the crime: a missing stepfather who’d sexually assaulted her; a roommate who ran a call girl service; a psychologically unstable birth mother; and a mysterious homeless man who may have had dealings with Tanya. Or Greg Treadway himself, who is perhaps not all that he first appeared. But how will they get these theories in front of a jury? And if they can, what price will they have to pay?
With signature suspense and intricate plotting, The Fall puts Dismas Hardy and his only daughter in the middle of one of John Lescroart’s most complex and thrilling cases yet.
About the Author
John Lescroart is the author of twenty-eight previous novels, including the New York Times bestsellers The Ophelia Cut, The Keeper, The Fall, and Fatal. His books have sold more than ten million copies and have been translated into twenty-two languages. He lives in Northern California.
“The Fall is both a mystery and a courtroom thriller in the best ways possible."
“There’s something special about The Fall… a courtroom thriller extraordinaire that matches the best of John Grisham and Scott Turow.”
“Lescroart’s popularity as a legal-thriller author only stands to grow.”
"A terrific courtroom mystery... Lescroart is a master craftsman. He knows how to juggle story elements to keep readers guessing up to the last chapter. The Fall is a tantalizing legal thriller."
"Fresh, interesting and evolving."
“[A] smart and riveting legal thriller that is more complicated that it first appears to be. The plot and characters are all superb,”
Praise for The Keeper
"A terrific read... Lescroart satisfies with every bite, and the finale is delicious."
Praise for The Ophelia Cut
"Smart, riveting, and utterly compelling, The Ophelia Cut has an incredible cast of characters from whom you will not want to depart...hands-down the best legal thriller I have read in years and a perfect case study for why readers love the brilliant John Lescroart. ”
— Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Black List
“[A] tense and intricate tale. . . Lescroart is a master of legal suspense. . . The Ophelia Cut will be remembered more as a literary endeavor in the vein of Scott Turow than anything Lescroart has done.”
"Nothing short of magic, dark and delicious. The Ophelia Cut is the work of a master at the top of his game."
— William Kent Krueger, New York Times bestselling author of Trickster's Point
“Bristling with red-hot suspense, The Ophelia Cut is the roller-coaster ride of a lifetime... You'll love this book."
— Gayle Lynds, New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Spies
“Lescroart is a master at building tension to a complicated climax that will satisfy both old and new readers alike.”
"A nail-biting suspense yarn that's not to be missed."
“Lescroart’s popularity as alegal-thriller author only stands to grow.”