On Our Shelves Now
The perfect baby present and self-purchase for just the right moment in a baby and parent's life.
Introducing Beginning Baby, a new line of novelty board books and gifts from the Chronicle Children's group. Based on over 30 years of distinctive, innovative, bestselling, and award-winning children's publishing, Beginning Baby is the ultimate series for new parents and their children. We've taken our experience as creative professionals, moms, dads, aunts, uncles, siblings, and friends to create a line of books and gifts that we would want to share with the little ones in our lives. Every Beginning Baby book, toy, or game features simple icons to denote which developmental milestones it supports, along with the intended age range. With its distinctive yet accessible art, lovable characters, and educational concepts, Beginning Baby is designed to make growing and learning as easy as playing and dreaming—and will become the must-have gift or self-purchase for every baby's first library. Because a strong beginning sets the groundwork for a bright start!
In Welcome to Shape School!, readers join Gabriel Giraffe, Elijah Elephant, Riley Narwhal, Mia Monkey, Layla Llama, Paisley Octopus, and Mateo Red Panda as they tap, trace, and count the nine different shapes that they encounter during their day at school!
• DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE: Every book is conceived and written to address milestones in a baby's life, from fine motor skills to shape recognition and emotional awareness.
• A CHARMING WAY TO LEARN TO COUNT: Like Counting Kisses, this counting book teaches very young children how to count to ten and express their affection in many delightful ways.
• CUTE CHARACTERS: Evoking Richard Scarry's classic characters but for much younger readers, these adorable characters—from an artistic llama to a musical elephant and gardener octopus—teach toddler concepts while promoting socialization and community.
• BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED FOR DISCERNING EYES: Bright, peppy colors and patterns make this series of books attractive for both babies and adults!
• MORE TITLES COMING: Beginning Baby will launch with 3 titles and publish 2–3 titles per season through 2022.
• Parents of babies and toddlers
• Uncles and aunts
• Teachers and educators at daycare and early childhood centers
• Anyone looking for the perfect baby shower gift
About the Author
Chronicle Books publishes distinctive books and gifts. From award-winning children's titles, bestselling cookbooks, and eclectic pop culture to acclaimed works of art and design, stationery, and journals, we craft publishing that's instantly recognizable for its spirit and creativity. Enjoy our publishing and become part of our community at www.chroniclebooks.com.
“This new series of novelty board books finds the perfect balance in developmentally appropriate material that will be entertaining for caregivers and babies alike. . . . The entire series will be welcome in libraries.”—School Library Journal
"This board book is more than a simple shape seek-and-find or identification book. It goes one step further to engage little readers in fine motor practice. . . . The illustrations are darling and certainly inviting. Riley the narwhal is irresistible. . . Adorable illustrations with an unusually engaging approach to shape recognition."-Kirkus Reviews
“While following a group of animal students throughout their day, the straightforward text in this inviting board book asks the reader to find examples of nine shapes, each of which is highlighted on a page’s tab . . . The cute animal characters that recur in each cheery scene add to the appeal of this charming concept book.”—Booklist Reviews