for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Clubhouse Mysteries series.
- #1: The Buried Bones Mystery (Clubhouse Mysteries #1) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #3: Shadows of Caesar's Creek (Clubhouse Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: The Space Mission Adventure (Clubhouse Mysteries #4) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #5: The Backyard Animal Show (Clubhouse Mysteries #5) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #6: Stars and Sparks on Stage (Clubhouse Mysteries #6) (Hardcover): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In this second book of the classic chapter book series by award-winning author Sharon M. Draper, four boys who call themselves the Black Dinosaurs explore an old tunnel that once was part of the Underground Railroad.
Ziggy, Rico, Rashawn, and Jerome discover their hometown used to be a stop on the Underground Railroad and set out to explore the part of the tunnel right under their school. When a trapdoor slams behind them, locking them in the tunnel, there’s only one thing they can do—plunge deeper and deeper into the darkness. Where will the tunnel lead them? And will the old, crumbling walls hold until they find their way to the end?
About the Author
Sharon M. Draper is a three-time New York Times bestselling author and a recipient of the Margaret A. Edwards Award honoring her significant and lasting contribution to writing for teens. She has received the Coretta Scott King Award for both Copper Sun and Forged by Fire, and was awarded the Charlotte Huck Award for Stella by Starlight. Her novel Out of My Mind has won multiple awards and was a New York Times bestseller for over three years, and Blended has also been a New York Times bestseller. She taught high school English for twenty-five years and was named National Teacher of the Year. She now lives in Florida. Visit her at SharonDraper.com.
Jesse Joshua Watson connects with people—where hammocking in Brazil, exploring Hong Kong, playing soccer in Haiti, or dodging taxis in Russia. He loves both the differences and similarities that are so colorfully displayed across our diverse world and reflects this passion in his illustrations, which have been featured in magazines, art publications, CD covers, children’s books, and on The Oprah Winfrey Show. His work appears in the New York Times bestselling Hank Zipzer series, the Clubhouse Mysteries (Ziggy and the Black Dinosaurs) series, Hope for Haiti, and more. He won the 2005 grand prize and was a 2006 finalist at the international SCBWI New York Showcase. Jesse lives with his wife and sons in Washington where he teaches art to kids, plays music occasionally and soccer religiously, and surfs the chilly northwest waters as often as he can. Visit him online at JesseWatson.com.