Birnbaum's 2023 Walt Disney World for Kids (Birnbaum Guides) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Walt Disney World honors its fiftieth anniversary with "The World's Most Magical Celebration," an incredible 18-month event that lasts until March 2023. As the resort celebrates and continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum as your 2022-2023 guide for:
- insider tips for young readers
- kid-friendly descriptions of all theme park shows and attractions
- colorful maps, photos, Disney character illustrations, and more
- Fly the Millennium Falcon starship, take part in a battle between the Resistance and the First Order, and even drink a glass of blue milk at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
- See which attractions belong on many kids' "must-do" lists, including the exciting Slinky Dog Dash and the zany Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Discover toe-tapping shows and dazzling nighttime spectaculars
- Get advice from young Disney experts with kid-written tips and attraction reviews
- Share what YOU think about all your favorite Walt Disney World rides and attractions
- Hunt for dozens of Hidden Mickeys spread throughout Walt Disney World theme parks
- Meet favorite Disney characters and collect autographs with special autograph pages at the back of the book
- Also preserve your memories in a special scrapbook section
- Birnbaum's 2023 Walt Disney World
- The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World
About the Author
When Steve Birnbaum launched this guide in 1981, he made it clear what was expected of anyone who worked on it: The book would be meticulously revised each year, leaving no attraction untested, no snack or meal untasted, no hotel untried. First-hand experiences like these, accumulated over the years, make this book the most authoritative guide to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Our expertise, however, is not achieved by being escorted through back doors of attractions (although we would enjoy that). Instead, we wait in lines with everyone else, always hoping to have a Disney experience like that of any other guest.
While Walt Disney World has vastly expanded, and so has our knowledge of the most popular vacation destinations on the planet. On some occasions we've encountered sweltering weather and swelling crowds, times when even the happiest of travelers can turn into Grumpy for a moment or two. Had we known then what we know now, we could have spared ourselves some trying experiences.
In one case, a staffer waited more than an hour to get on an attraction. Standing in line with a notebook, she was asked by another guest if there was a quiz at the end. When she explained what she was doing, he expressed surprise to learn that she was waiting with the masses. But that's always been our strategy.
We believe the best way to gather useful advice for a Disney park guest is to be one. Over and over again!
—Jill Safro, editor
"A nice complement to Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for adults, this slimmed-down version, 'by' kids as well as for them, is ideal for getting children involved in family vacation planning. . . . Because the kids' enthusiasm is contagious, readers with a visit to Disney looming large won't be able to put this down."—American Library Association Booklist
"The Official Guide is also the best."—The New York Times
One of "10 Gift Ideas Theme Park Fans Will Love . . . While giving a Disney vacation is a gift out of most people's price ranges, you still can help loved ones plan for their next theme park vacation. The best Disney guidebooks are from Birnbaum's, and [release] ahead of the New Year. . . . The guidebooks offer everything from tips on how to maximize your park experiences to restaurant reviews."—International Business Times