The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading book + The Guided Reading Teacher's Companion (Kit)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Jan Richardsonâs highly anticipated new edition of the classic bestseller The Next Step in Guided Reading, in combination with her new desktop flip guide, gives you updated planning and teaching tools, along with dozens of how-to videos, to better support readers at every stage.
In this resource-rich book and teacher’s prompting guide, you’ll find:
- All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson’s proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework.
- Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers.
- 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategies—monitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others.
- Plus an online resource bank with dozens of downloadable assessment and record-keeping forms, Richardson’s all-new, stage-specific lesson plan templates.
- More than 40 short videos showing Jan modeling key parts of guided reading lessons for every stage.
- A handy flip-chart guide with prompts, discussion starters, and teaching points for use during guided reading to inform your next step forward.
About the Author
Jan Richardson, Ph.D., is an educational consultant who has trained thousands of teachers and provided classroom demonstrations on guided reading. Dr. Richardson is the best-selling author of The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading (Scholastic) and coauthor of Next Step Guided Reading Assessment (Scholastic). A former teacher, she has taught in every grade, K–12. She has been a reading specialist, a Reading Recovery teacher leader, and a staff developer.