Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman series.
- #1: Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: Meet Me at Emotional Baggage Claim (The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman #4) (Paperback): $16.99
- #5: Have a Nice Guilt Trip (The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman #5) (Paperback): $14.99
- #6: Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat?: True Stories and Confessions (The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman #6) (Hardcover): $21.99
- #7: I've Got Sand In All the Wrong Places (The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman #7) (Paperback): $19.99
- #8: I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool (The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman #8) (Hardcover):
In Best Friends, Occasional Enemies, New York Times bestselling author Lisa Scottoline and her daughter, Francesca Serritella, are the best of friends—99.9% of the time!
They're number one on each other's speed dial and they tell each other everything—well, almost everything. They share shoes and clothes—except one very special green jacket, which almost caused a catfight.
In other words, they're just like every mother and daughter in the world. Best friends and occasional enemies.
Now they're dishing about it all: their lives, their relationship, and their carb count.
Lisa on Being a Mom: Motherhood has no expiration date. Francesca lives in the city, and I worry about her all the time. My daughter moved out, so why am I still lactating?
Francesca on Being a Daughter: My mother is always right. Just ask her.
About the Author
Lisa Scottoline is the New York Times bestselling author of over thirty novels including Look Again, Lady Killer, Think Twice, Save Me and Everywhere That Mary Went. She also writes a weekly column, “Chick Wit,” with her daughter Francesca Serritella, for The Philadelphia Inquirer. The columns have been collected in seven volumes, including Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog and My Nest Isn’t Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space. Scottoline has won an Edgar® Award and Cosmopolitan magazine’s “Fun Fearless Fiction” Award, and she served as the president of Mystery Writers of America. She teaches a course on justice and fiction at the University of Pennsylvania Law School, her alma mater. She lives in the Philadelphia area.
FRANCESCA SERRITELLA graduated cum laude from Harvard University, where she won the Thomas Temple Hoopes Prize, the Le Baron Russell Briggs Fiction Prize, and the Charles Edmund Horman Prize for her creative writing. She is working on a novel, and she lives in New York with only one dog, so far. Francesca is the coauthor of I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool, Does This Beach Make Me Look Fat? and many others.
“Feels like one big gabfest with your best girlfriends, whatever their age. The tell-all twosome have yet again opened their hearts and homes, cooking up a huge helping of laughs, sprinkled with a few tears and a dash of motherly love--and it all goes down deliciously.” —Booklist
“[A] witty and sweet return to the ins and outs of life in this sometimes kooky, always smart and funny, family.” —Publishers Weekly
“Black-and-white family photographs lend a homey feel to the experience, which culminates in a reminder to mothers and daughters that friendship between them can last a lifetime. A treat for fans of observational humor.” —Kirkus Reviews