Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 21 in the American Poets Continuum series.
- #14: Good Woman: Poems and a Memoir 1969-1980 (American Poets Continuum #14) (Paperback): $20.00
- #15: Next: New Poems (American Poets Continuum #15) (Paperback): $17.00
- #59: Blessing the Boats: New and Selected Poems 1988-2000 (American Poets Continuum #59) (Paperback): $20.00
- #86: Mercy (American Poets Continuum #86) (Paperback): $17.00
- #112: Voices (American Poets Continuum #112) (Paperback): $16.00
- #134: The Collected Poems of Lucille Clifton 1965-2010 (American Poets Continuum #134) (Hardcover): $35.00
- #180: How to Carry Water: Selected Poems of Lucille Clifton (American Poets Continuum #180) (Hardcover): $28.00
Brilliantly honed language, sharp rhythms and striking syntax empower Lucille Clifton's personal and artistic odyssey. Hers is poetry of birth, death, children, community, history, sexuality and spirituality, and she addresses these themes with passion, humor, anger and spiritual awe.
About the Author
Lucille Clifton won the 2007 Ruth Lilly Poetry Award. Her book, Blessing the Boats (BOA Editions), won the 2000 National Book Award for Poetry. Two of Clifton's BOA poetry collections were chosen as finalists for the Pulitzer Prize in 1988. Clifton's awards include fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts and an Emmy Award.