Start your journey as an artisan herbalist and take back control of your health and well-being the natural way
From urban apartments to wild countryside, The Artisan Herbalist is an easy-to-use guide that teaches you how to identify, grow, harvest, forage, and craft herbal allies into an assortment of useful health and wellness products. Through storytelling and step-by-step instruction, The Artisan Herbalist covers:
- The uses and benefits of 38 easy-to-find yet powerful herbs
- Harvesting from the wild, foraging in the city, and using store-bought herbs
- Growing herbs in small areas, balconies, and pots
- Principles, tips, techniques, and formulas to create teas and tinctures
- Infusing oils for the creation of salves, lotions, and balms
- Beneficial herb-based recipes
- Marketing and selling your products through a home-based business.
Whether you live in the city, suburbs, or countryside, take back control of your health and begin your journey toward independent self-care as a budding artisan herbalist.
About the Author
Bevin Cohen is an author, herbalist, gardener, seed saver, and educator. He is the owner of Small House Farm, a sustainable herb farm in central Michigan, offering a full line of herbal wellness products crafted from herbs that are grown or gathered from the wild and oils that are cold-pressed at the homestead. The products are sold across the US and have been featured in numerous magazines. Cohen offers workshops and lectures nationwide on the benefits of living closer to the land through seeds, herbs, and locally grown food. He is the author of From Our Seeds & Their Keepers and Saving Our Seeds. He serves on the boards of the International Herb Association, the Slow Food Ark of Taste Seed Bank, and the advisory council for the Community Seed Network. He lives in Sanford, Michigan.