Email or call for price
This guide gives current and future government employees powerful advice for starting out and maneuvering through their entire career.
Working for the government offers many advantages: great prospects for professional growth, job security, an attractive array of benefits, and the opportunity to help other citizens--but it also presents unique challenges.
Based on the author's more than 32 years experience in civil service jobs, as well as his interactions with thousands of government employees, the book helps you:
- decide whether working for the government is right for you
- understand the differences between federal, state, and local levels
- apply, interview for, and get the job you want
- take advantage of the training offered
- understand the culture
- become familiar with local politics
- make yourself valuable
- develop the right mentors
- fluidly transition up the ladder
Packed with indispensable guidance, Managing Your Government Career is a unique and highly strategic resource for anyone working in government.
About the Author
Stewart Liff (Saugus, CA) began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on Management Improvement Award and the Presidential Rank Award for Meritorious Service. His books include Managing Government Employees (978-0-8144-0887-2).