Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the Di Tom Thorne series.
- #9: From the Dead: A Tom Thorne Novel (Di Tom Thorne #9) (Paperback): $16.00
- #11: The Dying Hours: A Tom Thorne Novel (Di Tom Thorne #11) (Paperback): $15.00
- #13: Time of Death: A Tom Thorne Novel (Di Tom Thorne #13) (Paperback): $16.00
- #14: Love Like Blood (Di Tom Thorne #14) (Paperback): $16.00
- #15: The Killing Habit: A Tom Thorne Novel (Di Tom Thorne #15) (Paperback): $16.00
- #16: Their Little Secret: A Tom Thorne Novel (Di Tom Thorne #16) (Paperback): $16.00
- #18: The Murder Book (Di Tom Thorne #18) (Hardcover): $26.00
The latest thriller from internationally bestselling author Mark Billingham takes us back to the origins of Tom Thorne.
In the summer of 1996, two boys run from a playground into the adjoining woods, but only one comes out. DS Tom Thorne takes on a case that quickly spirals out of control when two people connected with the missing boy are murdered. As London prepares to host the European Soccer Championships, Thorne fights to keep on top of a baffling investigation while also dealing with the ugly fallout of his broken marriage.
A prequel to Billingham's acclaimed debut Sleepyhead--which the Times voted "one of the 100 books that had shaped the decade"--this compelling novel highlights the case that shaped the career of one of British crime fiction's most iconic characters.
About the Author
Mark Billingham has twice won the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award and has also won the Sherlock Award for Best Detective Novel Created by a British Author. His books, which include the critically acclaimed Tom Thorne series, have been translated into twenty-five languages and have sold over six million copies. He lives in London.