Expertly researched and designed, National Geographic's United States wall map is the standard by which other reference maps of the U.S. are measured.
- Signature Classic styling with bright, easy to read color palette with blue water and colorful state borders
- All 50 states with insets for Hawaiian Islands and Alaska plus inset showing relative size of Alaska
- Clearly defined state and country boundaries, cities, islands, national parks, and physical features
- Thousands of place names carefully and artfully placed to maintain legibility in heavily populated areas
- Background shows mountain ranges and valleys in subtle shaded relief with mountain ranges labeled
- Major water bodies including rivers, lakes, gulfs, bays, straits, and ocean bathymetry
- Transportation routes including interstate highways, major state routes, airports, waterways, canals, and ferries
The map is encapsulated in heavy-duty 1.6 mil laminate which makes the paper much more durable and resistant to the swelling and shrinking caused by changes in humidity. Laminated maps can be framed without the need for glass, so the frames can be much lighter and less expensive.Map Scale = 1:4,561,000Sheet Size = 43.5" x 30.5"