The complete why, when, and how-to guide for parenting a one-year-old.
- When will my 13-month-old start to walk?
- Shouldn’t my 14-month-old be talking already?
- How can I get my picky eater to pick something besides pasta?
- Sure, I can ignore a tantrum at home—but what am I supposed to do in the middle of the mall?
- Why does my toddler have such a hard time sharing? Taking turns? Playing nicely?
- When should we break the bottle habit . . . and what about the pacifier?
- How do I get my almost-two-year-old to settle down for bed—and stay asleep all night?
About the Author
Heidi Murkoff is the author of the world’s bestselling What to Expect® series of pregnancy and parenting books, with over 43 million copies in print in 44 languages. She is also the creator of WhatToExpect.com and the WhatToExpect app, a community of 20 million parents, and the face of the app’s week-by-week pregnancy and first year videos. Using the power of the WTE platforms, Heidi works closely with the CDC, HHS, AAP and other public health organizations to share vital messages about maternal and infant health and safety. Her passionate commitment to the wellbeing of all moms and babies led her to found the What to Expect Project, a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring that every mom receives the empowering information and nurturing support she needs to deliver a healthy pregnancy, safe delivery, and healthy future to herself and the baby she loves. Along with the WTEP, Heidi advocates actively in Congress for legislation and policies supporting expecting and new moms and families, including military families. Since 2013, she has hosted close to 300 Special Delivery baby showers for tens of thousands of military moms and dads serving far from family and friends at bases around the world. In 2022, she and her husband Erik received the Elizabeth and Zachary Fisher Distinguished Civilian Humanitarian Award for their support of military families.
Visit Heidi on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @HeidiMurkoff and @WhattoExpect.