On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the InCryptid series.
- #1: Discount Armageddon (InCryptid #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Half-Off Ragnarok (InCryptid #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Pocket Apocalypse (InCryptid #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Chaos Choreography (InCryptid #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Magic For Nothing (InCryptid #6) (Mass Market): for information about purchasing this book, please contact email@example.com
- #7: Tricks for Free (InCryptid #7) (Mass Market): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #8: That Ain't Witchcraft (InCryptid #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Calculated Risks (InCryptid #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Backpacking through Bedlam (InCryptid #12) (Paperback): $17.00
Now in trade paperback, the eleventh book in the fast-paced InCryptid urban fantasy series returns to the mishaps of the Price family, eccentric cryptozoologists who safeguard the world of magical creatures living in secret among humans.
1. An intense feeling of deep affection; may be romantic, filial, or platonic.
1. A strong or barely controllable emotion.
2. Enthusiasm, interest, desire.
3. See also “obsession.”
It’s been fifty years since the crossroads caused the disappearance of Thomas Price, and his wife, Alice, has been trying to find him and bring him home ever since, despite the increasing probability that he’s no longer alive for her to find. Now that the crossroads have been destroyed, she’s redoubling her efforts. It’s time to bring him home, dead or alive.
Preferably alive, of course, but she’s tired, and at this point, she’s not that picky. It’s a pan-dimensional crash course in chaos, as Alice tries to find the rabbit hole she’s been missing for all these decades—the one that will take her to the man she loves.
Who are her allies? Who are her enemies? And if she manages to find him, will he even remember her at this point?
It’s a lot for one cryptozoologist to handle.
About the Author
Seanan McGuire lives and works in Washington State, where she shares her somewhat idiosyncratic home with her collection of books, creepy dolls, and enormous blue cats. When not writing--which is fairly rare--she enjoys travel, and can regularly be found any place where there are cornfields, haunted houses, or frogs. A Campbell, Hugo, and Nebula Award-winning author, Seanan's first book (Rosemary and Rue, the beginning of the October Daye series) was released in 2009, with more than twenty books across various series following since. Seanan doesn't sleep much.
You can visit her at www.seananmcguire.com.
Finalist for the 2020 Hugo Award for Best Series
Praise for the InCryptid novels
"The only thing more fun than an October Daye book is an InCryptid book. Swift narrative, charm, great world-building...all the McGuire trademarks." —Charlaine Harris, #1 New York Times-bestselling author of the Sookie Stackhouse series
"[Half-Off Ragnarok] is kind of like taking a tour through a very deadly theme park made up of alternating parts awesome and terrifying. Come to think of it, that sums up this series quite nicely.... This book effectively acts as a jumping-on point to those just coming in." —Tor.com
"Half-Off Ragnarok is my favorite book in the InCryptid series thus far.... If urban fantasy, intriguing animals, and fast-paced adventure is your thing, you’re going to love Half-Off Ragnarok. Highly recommended." —Jennifer Brozek
"McGuire creates a sense of wonder and playfulness with her love for mythology and folklore.... Her enthusiastic and fast-paced style makes this an entertaining page-turner." —Publishers Weekly
"McGuire’s InCryptid series is one of the most reliably imaginative and well-told sci-fi series to be found.... McGuire’s heroine is a brave, resourceful and sarcastic delight, and her intrepid comrades are just the kind of supportive and snarky sidekicks she needs." —RT Reviews
"While chock-full of quality worldbuilding, realistic characters, and a double helping of sass, at its core, Half-Off Ragnarok is a book about judging others according to stereotypes, how nurture can overcome nature, and the importance of family." —Ranting Dragon
"The InCryptid series continues to be storytelling at its best. Tricks for Free sends us on a rollercoaster of emotions and thrills with its engaging plot and ever-expanding and fascinating world." —All Things Urban Fantasy
"Imaginary Numbers is a stunning installment and one that every urban fantasy reader is sure to relish." —Fresh Fiction