When Life Gets Too Hard to Stand, Kneel
You are called to be a prayer warrior. But which name should you call upon?
God has more than one name--each represents a different aspect of His character. When you know which name to call, you will pray more effectively, and more specifically to your need.
In this book, Dr. Tony Evans provides tools to transform your prayer life as you get to know God in new ways. You will...
- experience God as Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide.
- allow God to be El Simchatch Gili, God my exceeding joy.
- make God Your Jehovah Ori, the Lord my light.
- know peace through Jehovah Shalon, the Lord our peace.
- take God as your power source as Jehovah Uzzi, the Lord my strength.
- make wiser decisions by sitting at the feet of Peleh Yo'etz, Wonderful Counselor.
Revitalize your prayer life by connecting your needs with the characteristics of God's names
About the Author
Dr. Tony Evans is founder and senior pastor of Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas, founder and president of The Urban Alternative, chaplain of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, and author of The Power of God's Names, Victory in Spiritual Warfare, and many other books. The first African American to earn a doctorate of theology from Dallas Theological Seminary, he has been named one of the 12 Most Effective Preachers in the English Speaking World by Baylor University. His radio broadcast, The Alternative with Dr. Tony Evans, can be heard on more than 1,200 US outlets daily and in more than 130 countries. tonyevans.org