Pocket Guide to Birds of Australia (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
A compact, richly illustrated field guide to Australia's diverse bird lifeThis book is an easy-to-use and beautifully illustrated quick identification guide to all regularly occurring bird species in Australia. Carefully designed to provide key information at your fingertips to enable rapid identification, it covers more than 700 bird species that are resident or regular visitors to the Australian mainland, Tasmania, and surrounding waters accessible in a day trip by boat. Based on the award-winning Australian Bird Guide, this convenient pocket guide features stunning images, up-to-date species descriptions, distribution maps, and quick guide comparison pages for all major groups.
- Covers more than 700 species, including regular visitors
- Features a wealth of breathtaking color images by leading Australian artists
- Provides incisive species descriptions that make identification easy
- Includes quick guide comparison pages and the most up-to-date distribution maps
- Its compact size makes it the perfect travel companion
About the Author
Jeff Davies is an Australian wildlife artist specializing in Australian birds and their environments. Peter Menkhorst is a zoologist at the Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research in Victoria, Australia. Danny Rogers is an ecologist at the Arthur Rylah Institute. Rohan Clarke is a lecturer in the School of Biological Sciences at Monash University. Peter Marsack is an award-winning artist based in Canberra. Kim Franklin is an artist and illustrator who has exhibited worldwide.