The Cuckoo's Calling (A Cormoran Strike Novel #1) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Cormoran Strike Novel series.
- #2: The Silkworm (A Cormoran Strike Novel #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: Career of Evil (A Cormoran Strike Novel #3) (Mass Market): for information about purchasing this book, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- #4: Lethal White (A Cormoran Strike Novel #4) (Paperback): $18.99
- #5: Troubled Blood (A Cormoran Strike Novel #5) (Paperback): $18.99
- #6: The Ink Black Heart (A Cormoran Strike Novel) (Hardcover): $32.00
- #7: The Running Grave: A Cormoran Strike Novel (Hardcover): $32.50
Published under a pseudonym, J. K. Rowling's brilliant debut mystery introduces Detective Cormoran Strike as he investigates a supermodel's suicide in "one of the best books of the year" (USA Today), the first novel in the brilliant series that inspired the acclaimed HBO Max series C.B. Strike. After losing his leg to a land mine in Afghanistan, Cormoran Strike is barely scraping by as a private investigator. Strike is down to one client, creditors are calling, and after a breakup with his longtime girlfriend, he's living in his office. Then John Bristow walks through his door with a shocking story: His sister, the legendary supermodel Lula Landry -- known to her friends as the Cuckoo -- famously fell to her death a few months earlier. The police ruled it a suicide, but John refuses to believe that. The case plunges Strike into the world of multimillionaire beauties, rock-star boyfriends, and desperate designers, and it introduces him to every variety of pleasure, enticement, seduction, and delusion known to man. You may think you know detectives, but you've never met one quite like Strike. You may think you know about the wealthy and famous, but you've never seen them under an investigation like this.
"Rowling switches genres seamlessly... a gritty, absorbing tale."—People
"[Rowling's] literary gift is on display in this work. She crafts an entertaining story and comes up with an ending that I'll admit I was surprised by... A fun read, with a main character you can care about and one you'll want to see again in other adventures."—Washington Post
"An extravagant, alien, fascinating world for its characters to explore... great pleasures."—Slate