Dr. Charles Stanley lays out 30 Life Principles that can help you become more like Christ every day.
In this revised and updated 30-lesson study guide, Dr. Charles Stanley guides readers through 30 Life Principles found in God's Word that have shaped and changed his life. God has given these principles to guide, comfort, instruct, and teach us how to live triumphant Christian lives. When we open His Word and begin to study these truths, we gain hope for the future and fresh insights into His promises and blessings. We find that life doesn't have to be a constant struggle--it can be an exciting adventure This begins with us studying the Bible so we can learn about God, know His ways, and follow His awesome plan for our future.
Each lesson includes:
- Key Scripture: The main verse or passage on which the principle is based
- Life's Questions: A brief teaching from Dr. Stanley that unpacks the principle
- What the Bible Says: Bible study questions to help readers explore the principle
- What It Means: Key takeaways to put into practice
- Life Examples: Practical questions to help readers apply the principle
- Living the Principle: A closing teaching on how to live out the principle
- Life Lessons to Remember: A summary of the takeaways for the lesson
This revised and updated edition includes new Bible study and reflection questions and a new leader's guide to aid groups in going through the material together.
About the Author
Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more than 40 years. He is a New York Times bestselling author who has written more than 60 books, including the bestselling devotional Every Day in His Presence. Dr. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries. The In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley program is transmitted throughout the world on more than 1,200 radio outlets and 130 television stations/networks, and in language projects in more than 50 languages. The award-winning In Touch devotional magazine is printed in four languages with more than 12 million copies each year. Dr. Stanley's goal is best represented by Acts 20:24: "Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus--the work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love." This is because, as he says, "It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes people's lives."