Are your thoughts holding you captive? I'll never be good enough. Other people have better lives than I do. God couldn't really love me.
The visionary behind the million-strong IF: Gathering, Jennie Allen, challenges you to exercise your God-given power to shift negative thinking patterns and take back control of your thoughts and emotions.
In Get Out of Your Head, Jennie gives us tools from the book of Philippians to stop the spiral of toxic thoughts, and transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances, by taking control of our minds. We can find freedom from the downward spiral by:
- Taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ
- Shifting the focus of our minds from our circumstances to God
- Fighting toxic thoughts with weapons of humility, silence, and delight
- Escaping our comfort zones with weapons of connection, intentionality and gratitude
- Learning to forget what's behind so we can move ahead
- Defeating anxiety with a mind like Christ's
The Get Out of Your Head Leader's Guide serves as a tool to prepare you in leading this study and to encourage you along the way. It helps you as the leader to effectively point your group to the overarching theme of each lesson.
This guide includes:
- The vision for Get Out of Your Head.
- Session-by-session helps to guide your group through the study, addressing the needs of the various types of learners in your group.
- Walk-through for using each piece of the study: Videos, Study Guide, and the Conversation Cards.
- Tips for leading a group, and much more.
Designed for use with the following items, each sold separately:
- Get Out of Your Head Study Guide (9780310116370).
- Get Out of Your Head Video Study (9780310116394). Streaming video access included.
- Get Out of Your Head Conversation Card Deck (9780310116417). EBook version (9780310130437) also available.