Thank you for thinking of Book Passage for your event!
We humbly request a formal proposal as all events involve considerable labor, and we want to ensure a successful event for both the author and the bookstore. A proposal will help us determine if we are a good match for each other.
Your book must include the following: be available at Ingram or at your publishers, be fully returnable, with a regular (REG) 40%+ discount. There is also an industry-standard cooperative advertising fee (co-op) that supports staffing, venue costs, and inclusion in some of our marketing materials. Please make sure your book’s website links to IndieBound for purchase.
Please include all of the following in your proposal:
- Brief book summary
- Short bio about you that relates to your book
- Why is Book Passage the ideal location for your event (Corte Madera or San Francisco)? Do you prefer one location over the other?
- Have you attended author events at Book Passage in the past?
- What is your planned publicity and outreach for your event, outside of Book Passage marketing?
- Please share with us what media you have already reached out to/secured
- How many of your friends and family do you believe will attend your event?
Cooperative Fee includes: (Check with your publisher. Most will cover the co-op fees.)
- Consignment fee to have your book entered into our POS system and on our shelves
- Use of one of our event spaces
- Setup and breakdown of chairs, tables, etc.
- One of our experienced event hosts on hand to provide an introduction, close of event remarks, and monitor your event throughout
- AV equipment (if required)
- Placement in our in-store event book display
- Inclusion in our media calendar, which reaches contacts in radio, print, local television, and local online calendars (SpinGo, Marin Magazine, Pacific Sun, MarinArts, SF Weekly, SF/Arts)
- Inclusion in our email newsletter (62,000 subscribers), and on our website
- Book sales are reported to the New York Times and IndieBound
We will review your proposal and contact you within 30 days. Please note that we reserve the right to edit event and author descriptions for our advertising, email, website, and calendar materials
Please email the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!