In Tips for Helping Your Aging Parents (Without Losing Your Mind), Kira Reginato creates a compassionate and straightforward guide filled with expert tips for adult children of aging parents.
Easily accomplish important tasks:
· Assist with tracking medications to avoid errors.
· Create a safer home environment to prevent falls and accidents.
· Keep yourself in a good frame of mind to avoid burning out.
· Select the best caregiving products.
· Manage emergency room visits and avoid hospital readmissions.
· Have important conversations about medical wishes.
· Deal with a parent who resists paid help at home.
Kira Reginato is a gerontologist, elder care manager, and consultant who has known she wanted to work with older adults since she was in middle school and now has thirty years of professional experience. After caring for elders in medical and community settings, she opened her own elder care management firm, Living Ideas for Elders, in 2007. In 2010, she was awarded a Chamber of Commerce Recognition Award in Petaluma, California, for excellence in service of seniors. For five years, Reginato hosted two weekly radio shows, The Elder Care Show and Call Kira About Aging. Podcasts of these shows can be found at CallKira.com. Reginato is a popular speaker, known for addressing the highs and lows of caregiving with honesty and humor. Her new book continues her mission to help as many families caring for older adults as possible, offering simple ideas, checklists, and much-needed support.