What if there were a single skill that could directly and radically improve our relationships and our emotional lives? Empathy, teaches Karla McLaren, is that skill. With The Art of Empathy, this acclaimed author teaches us how to perceive and feel the experiences of others with clarity and authenticity-to connect with them more deeply and effectively. Informed by current insights from neuroscience, social psychology, and healing traditions, this book teaches readers:
- Why empathy is not a mystical phenomenon but a natural, innate ability that we can strengthen and develop
- How to identify and regulate our own emotions and boundaries
- How to shift into the perspective of others with authenticity and respect
- How to provide support in a sensitive, perceptive, and healthy way
- Insights for navigating our evolving social landscape
- Targeted chapters for improving our family, workplace, and intimate relationships
- Ways to expand our empathy to our community and global levels of society and the natural world
More than ever, reflects Karla McLaren, the time for empathy has come. The Art of Empathy brings readers welcome, practical guidance for mastering this essential life skill.
About the Author
Karla McLaren has researched emotional intuition across many world traditions and in her own work as an empathic healer. She is the author of the award-winning book Your Aura & Your Chakras: The Owner's Manual, as well as Rebuilding the Garden: Healing the Spiritual Wounds of Childhood Sexual Assault ? a respected reference book used in prisons, halfway houses, homeless shelters, and rape crisis centers across the country. Karla McLaren is also the author of the Sounds True audio course Emotional Genius: How Your Emotions Can Save Your Life.