Welcome to the Counter Terrorist Unit.
As a new agent with the U.S. government's elite Counter Terrorist Unit, you are expected to carefully review the contents of this handbook. Many of the situations you are likely to encounter--from assassination attempts to bioweapon attacks--are detailed within these pages. We have divided the agency's manual into seven sections for quick reference and ease of use:
- Working at CTU: An overview of the office, its policies, and its facilities
- Gear: Essential supplies, firearms, and other tools of the trade
- Surveillance: A primer on tracking suspects and their vehicles
- Undercover Ops: Establishing cover and "going dark"
- Combat: From securing the perimeter to securing hostiles
- Interrogation: Getting the information you need when the clock is ticking
- Disaster Management: Live bombs, chemical attacks, and beyond
Complete with archival photographs, weaponry schematics, step-by-step instructions, and a foreword by Federal Special Agent Jack Bauer, this manual is a reference that no CTU agent can do without.
About the Author
Denise Kiernan and Joe D'Agnese have been reporting on the CTU for many years. They live in North Carolina.