Welcome to the Counter Terrorist Unit.
As a new agent with the U.S. government's elite Counter Terrorist Unit, you are expected to carefully review the contents of this handbook. Many of the situations you are likely to encounter--from assassination attempts to bioweapon attacks--are detailed within these pages. We have divided the agency's manual into seven sections for quick reference and ease of use:
- Working at CTU: An overview of the office, its policies, and its facilities
- Gear: Essential supplies, firearms, and other tools of the trade
- Surveillance: A primer on tracking suspects and their vehicles
- Undercover Ops: Establishing cover and "going dark"
- Combat: From securing the perimeter to securing hostiles
- Interrogation: Getting the information you need when the clock is ticking
- Disaster Management: Live bombs, chemical attacks, and beyond
Complete with archival photographs, weaponry schematics, step-by-step instructions, and a foreword by Federal Special Agent Jack Bauer, this manual is a reference that no CTU agent can do without.
About the Author
Denise Kiernan is the author of Signing Their Lives Away and Signing their Rights Away. Her work has appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Village Voice, Discover, Ms., and other national publications.
Joseph D Agnese is a writer and journalist who lives in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Though he writes about the Middle Ages, he considers himself a Renaissance man. He is the author of "Blockhead: The Life of Fibonacci".