NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Getting along well with others is the real secret to success and happiness. In tens of thousands of classrooms we teach reading, writing, and arithmetic and yet we leave solutions to the universal problems of human relationships to be discovered, if at all, by trial and error. The trial is painful and the error is costly.
People Tools: 54 Strategies for Building Relationships, Creating Joy, and Embracing Prosperity, provides time-proven techniques that you can use to build a better, happier, more successful life. It is the perfect resource for busy people looking for fast and effective solutions to the challenges we face every day.
PRACTICAL WISDOM ON EVERY PAGE
People Tools are practical and easy to understand. From developing self-confidence, to improving communication skills, to finding constructive ways to resolve conflict, each People Tool addresses a specific issue and provides a simple, straightforward strategy that you can adopt to bring about a positive result. Some of the useful People Tools in the book include:
- The Belt Buckle. When words are different than action (The Belt Buckle), trust the Belt Buckle, not the words.
- Buy a Ticket. To make something good happen in your life you have to participate.
- Catching a Feather. An alternative to the endless chase, this Tool reveals how to attract people you want to be closer to.
- Patterns Persist. Prior actions are predictive of future behaviors.
- Catch Them Being Good. Rewards are more effective than punishments.
TIME-TESTED TOOLS TO ENHANCE YOUR WELLBEING
Although you may recognize the more intuitive techniques in People Tools, this sourcebook provides explanations and helpful examples from a vast collection of different tools designed to help you further expand your own existing repertoire of skills.
Open the book to any page and you will find a useful solution. Each tool is illustrated with insightful stories and amusing anecdotes that are relevant and relatable. The stories will reel you in but the advice will change your life.