Coloring the circular designs known as mandalas is a creative activity that brings relaxation, healing, and self-understanding. Susanne Fincher's first such coloring book, "Coloring Mandalas, " presented designs organized according to a scheme of twelve archetypal stages that represents a cycle of personal growth. This sequel focuses on a single one of these stages, "Crystallization," which is associated with the "completion" of a cycle of growth.
Imagine a fully opened rose in a sunny garden, releasing its fragrance as it gently bobs in a summer breeze. This is the feeling of the stage of Crystallization--a time of reaping rewards and benefits from the work we have performed; of realizing and appreciating our achievements; of resting in the pleasure of having fulfilled a personal creative inspiration. Crystallization is also a time of significant spiritual understanding, when our spiritual nature comes together in harmony with our physical nature.
The mandalas in this book aim to:
- Help us understand ourselves and our place in the scheme of things
- Evoke a sense of harmony, order, and fulfillment
- Provide relaxation and a soothing balance for hectic lifestyles
- Uncover meaning in the ongoing stream of human experience
- Deepen our meditation
- Enable us to experience the spiritual energy that inspired these sacred circles.
About the Author
Fincher is a Jungian psychotherapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, and a Registered Art Therapist in practice with The Psychotherapy Group inAthens, Georgia.