Solve the MYSTERY of how to write and sell a KILLER story
With the help of interactive exercises, mystery author and crime fiction critic Hallie Ephron gives you the momentum you need to turn a kernel of an idea into an intriguing mystery novel. You'll learn to capitalize on your writing strengths and shore up your weaknesses.
This comprehensive guide covers every aspect of mystery writing, including:
- planning, twisting the plot, and constructing a credible surprise ending
- creating a compelling sleuth and a worthy villain
- deceiving and revealing with red herrings and clues
- writing investigation, spine-tingling suspense, and dramatic action
- revising - from sharpening characters, to optimizing pace, to smithing words
- engaging the reader
About the Author
Hallie Ephron is the award-winning author of Never Tell a Lie, Come and Find Me, There Was an Old Woman, and the upcoming Night Night, Sleep Tight. She is the mystery reviewer for The Boston Globe and lives near Boston, Massachusetts.