The Patient's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery, Revised Edition: Everything You Need to Know About Gastric Bypass and Bariatric Surg (Paperback)
Newly revised and updated with the most current and authoritative information.
Is weight loss surgery right for you?
After frustrating and failed attempts with traditional dieting methods, more and more people are turning to weight loss surgery. Over 100,000 people undergo weight loss surgery each year and that number is growing rapidly. The Patient's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery is essential for the patient considering this option.
Now revised and updated, The Patient's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery is the most current and reliable source of information for anyone who wants to make an informed decision about gastric bypass and bariatric surgery.
The Patient's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery provides valuable information on:
* The different kinds of weight loss surgery
* The risks and rewards of each procedure
* How to choose the right procedure and surgeon
* Ways to cope with the emotional changes that accompany a dramatic change in body size
* Compelling stories of patients who have had the surgery
* The financial and insurance considerations of weight loss surgery
An indispensable guide for surgery candidates and their families, The Patient's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery explains everything you need to know about this increasingly popular surgical procedure.
About the Author
April Hochstrasser, Ph.D., underwent bariatric surgery in 1999. Today she lives in University Heights, Washington, where she lectures about the procedure.
S. Ross Fox, MD is the former President of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery.