National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs (Hardcover)
This beautiful book is the latest addition to the "National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book" series. These colorful pages will introduce young children to the wonders of space, with colorful illustrations by David Aguilar and simple text that is perfect for beginning readers or for reading aloud. The book will explain basic concepts of space, beginning with what is most familiar to kids and expanding out into universe.
- Chapter 1 focuses on the Earth, moon, and sun.
- Chapter 2 introduces kids to the other planets in our solar system.
- Chapter 3 explains other objects in our solar system, such as dwarf planets, comets, and asteroid belts.
- Chapter 4 voyages even farther afield, touching on concepts such as the universe, the Milky Way, stars, galaxies, and black holes.
- The last chapter delves into space exploration: humans on the moon, spaceships, the International Space Station, etc.
Releases simultaneously in Reinforced Library Binding: 978-1-4263-1015-7, $23.90/$26.95 Can
About the Author
CATHERINE HUGHES is the author of four previous books in the National Geographic Kids First Big Book series: National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Animals, National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Dinosaurs,National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space, and National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of the Ocean. Ms. Hughes is also the science editor for National Geographic Kids and National Geographic Little Kids magazines and has a degree in early childhood development.
From the Hardcover Library Binding edition.