From Connie Bennett, author of the bestseller Sugar Shock!—the book that Mehmet Oz said “spills the beans” on the shocking impact of sugar and simple carbohydrates—comes Beyond Sugar Shock, the first book to provide a simple, practical, mind-body-spirit plan to help readers break free of their sugar or carb addiction.
For the millions of people who suffer with problems such as low libido, excess weight, overpowering fatigue, and many other unexplained ailments, Beyond Sugar Shock provides a step-by-step, six-week program to gently guide readers to a healthier life. In this friendly, compassionate book, they’ll find:
· A playful, but serious Sugar Shock Quiz to help readers learn about their personal sugar addiction.
· Easy, tried-and-true techniques that Connie used—and that her clients and Sugar Freedom Now participants now use—to successfully quit her sugar habits.
· Dozens of easy tips and tactics to stomp out carb cravings.
· Simple meal plans, tasty recipes, and a food/lifestyle pyramid that shows readers how to let go of quickie carbs and nonfoods (the Standard American Diet or SAD) and instead enjoy real, wholesome, health-giving nutrition.
· Entertaining, interactive “adventurcises” (adventurous exercises) such as “Do Sugary Soul Searching,” “Party with the Produce,” and “Snatch the E-Z Vitamins.”
· Affirmations to refresh, rejuvenate, and renew the mind, body, and spirit.
· Remarkable success stories with before-and-after photos.
In Beyond Sugar Shock, readers will find out that letting go of their sugar or carb addiction is much simpler than it seems—and it can even be fun! And once they’ve addressed their addiction, readers will not only look and feel better, but will also experience an overpowering sensation of joyous freedom and a sweeter, balanced life.
About the Author
Connie Bennett, C.H.C., C.P.C., A.C.C., is a nationally recognized motivational speaker, journalist, blogger, former sugar addict, and author of the best-selling book "Sugar Shock!, "which has been praised by Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Marilu Henner, Dr. Joseph Mercola, and many others. She is also a certified health coach, who studied at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN); a professional life coach, who trained with the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC); and the host of the popular "Gab with the Gurus Radio Show" for which she interviews experts in health, human potential, social networking, and relationships such as Dr. Mehmet Oz, Marianne Williamson, Suzanne Somers, Marilu Henner, and Dr. Bernie Siegel.Known as the "Smart Habits Girl" and the "Sugar Freedom Coach," Connie helps people worldwide easily release their sugar addictions and other bad habits. Since 2002, Connie has offered her groundbreaking Break Free of Your Sugar Addiction Program (now called the Sugar Freedom Now Course).