The New York Times calls him "the funniest man in America," and his legions of fans agree, laughing and snorting as they put his books on bestseller lists nationwide.
In Boogers Are My Beat, Dave gives us the real scoop on:
- The scientific search for the world's funniest joke (you can bet it includes the word "weasel")
- RV camping in the Wal-Mart parking lot
- Outwitting "smart" kitchen appliances and service contracts
- Elections in Florida ("You can't spell Florida without 'duh'")
- The Olympics, where people from all over the world come together to accuse each other of cheating
- The truth about the Dakotas, the Lone Ranger, and feng shui
- The choice between death and taxes
And much, much more--including some truths about journalism and serious thoughts about 9/11.
Dave Barry won the Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 1988, and his columns are syndicated in more than 500 newspapers. His most recent books, Dave Barry Is Not Taking This Sitting Down and the novels Big Trouble and Tricky Business, were national bestsellers. He lives in Miami, Floriduh.
Also available as an eBook
"From the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Dave Barry is the author of many bestsellers including "Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys", "Dave Barry Turns 40" and "Dave Barry Is Not Making This Up". A wildly popular syndicated columnist, Barry won the 1988 Pulitzer Prize for commentary. He lives in Miami, FL.
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide